Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

HDB Change of ownership question

Started by Bardiel, Apr 23, 2024, 04:04 PM

Which area is most worth it to buy in 2024? »

Bardiel

Hello all. got some question need to check with all to see what is good stand for me.

My currentt situation is like this:

Had a fall out with my father , recently applied for Feb BTO in woodland and heng heng got a Q number. Flat selection should be in June or later.

BUT i am facing this issue as of now:

1) Can i remove my father name and input my so call wife? ( Yet to ROM but date selected already )

2) I am under joint tenancy and my useless father did not contributed a single cent to the home. so is there any chance where i can get the home sold and not a single cent of money given to him?

3) My biggest issue now is i need to remove his name from the current flat ownership ( as per advised by my uncles and also HDB ) so that his name is free out and thus he is able to rent from HDB or etc i dont really care. as long as his name is not under this house and i dont care anything about him.

would like to seek your point of view on this. Thanks for your time
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

jim889

Quote from: Bardiel on Apr 23, 2024, 04:04 PM1) Can i remove my father name and input my so call wife? ( Yet to ROM but date selected already )

There are 2 questions here.

Q1: Can i remove my father name ?

Yes provided your father agree (consent) and there is a payment of fees and stamp duty involved.

Q2: Can I add my so call wife? ( Yet to ROM but date selected already )
Most HDB documents I have read refers to married couple. IF you didn't ROM yet, means chiu r not married, since
chiu have a date, suggest chiu wait till after ROM then take action

For moar info reffer to this link: This falls under Change in Flat Ownership (Not Through a Sale)
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/changing-owners-occupiers/change-in-ownership/change-in-flat-ownership

Quote from: Bardiel on Apr 23, 2024, 04:04 PM2) I am under joint tenancy and my useless father did not contributed a single cent to the home. so is there any chance where i can get the home sold and not a single cent of money given to him?

Joint owner ship means joint ownership, the law says chiur father is entitled to the home as much as chiu are.
Legally, there is NO chance where chiu can get the home sold and not a single cent of money given to him.

If you do that, your dad will be unhappy and may be able to claim what he is entited to from chiu via court action.

Quote from: Bardiel on Apr 23, 2024, 04:04 PM3) My biggest issue now is i need to remove his name from the current flat ownership ( as per advised by my uncles and also HDB ) so that his name is free out and thus he is able to rent from HDB or etc i dont really care. as long as his name is not under this house and i dont care anything about him.

try to talk to him and come to an agreeable solution, you might want to pay him a sum of money to settle.. after all he is chiur father
 :frown:

Take care and good luck.
 :flash:

Bardiel

Quote from: jim889 on Apr 24, 2024, 06:37 AMThere are 2 questions here.

Q1: Can i remove my father name ?

Yes provided your father agree (consent) and there is a payment of fees and stamp duty involved.

Q2: Can I add my so call wife? ( Yet to ROM but date selected already )
Most HDB documents I have read refers to married couple. IF you didn't ROM yet, means chiu r not married, since
chiu have a date, suggest chiu wait till after ROM then take action

For moar info reffer to this link: This falls under Change in Flat Ownership (Not Through a Sale)
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/changing-owners-occupiers/change-in-ownership/change-in-flat-ownership

Joint owner ship means joint ownership, the law says chiur father is entitled to the home as much as chiu are.
Legally, there is NO chance where chiu can get the home sold and not a single cent of money given to him.

If you do that, your dad will be unhappy and may be able to claim what he is entited to from chiu via court action.

try to talk to him and come to an agreeable solution, you might want to pay him a sum of money to settle.. after all he is chiur father
 :frown:

Take care and good luck.

thanks for ur advise.

i think talking cannot solve the issue liao. i see what other methods i can find to fix this issue
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

jim889

Quote from: Bardiel on Apr 24, 2024, 05:59 PMthanks for ur advise.

i think talking cannot solve the issue liao. i see what other methods i can find to fix this issue

yo.. moi dunno wat happen between chiu and chiur father but it's sad to come to this conclusion that talking cannot solve the issue.

Just need to leemember that Since it's joint ownership, consent from all owners are required before anything can be done.

also if chiu have any other questions please feel free to ask.. will try moi best to help chiu

Take care  :)

luckyapple

Quote from: jim889 on Apr 24, 2024, 07:11 PMyo.. moi dunno wat happen between chiu and chiur father but it's sad to come to this conclusion that talking cannot solve the issue.

Just need to leemember that Since it's joint ownership, consent from all owners are required before anything can be done.

also if chiu have any other questions please feel free to ask.. will try moi best to help chiu

Take care  :)

Jim kor do u work in hdb department. Your knowledge quite extensive.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

jim889

Quote from: luckyapple on Apr 27, 2024, 06:29 PMJim kor do u work in hdb department. Your knowledge quite extensive.

谢谢apple jie jie

moi just kpo onli.. moi dun work in hdeebee b4..  but moi rike to help ppl that's why

luckyapple

Quote from: jim889 on Apr 27, 2024, 07:39 PM谢谢apple jie jie

moi just kpo onli.. moi dun work in hdeebee b4..  but moi rike to help ppl that's why

Jim kor u welly nice  :s12: