Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Toxic family members

Started by Philipkee, Jun 30, 2024, 07:38 PM

« Roast pork rice $3.50 | My YouTube must been infested with India Ceca contents. »

Philipkee

How do you handle them?  I don't put toxic friends or colleagues cos you can shut them out of your lives but family?

jim889

Quote from: Philipkee on Jun 30, 2024, 07:38 PMHow do you handle them?  I don't put toxic friends or colleagues cos you can shut them out of your lives but family?

chiur frens chiu can choosing but chiur family members chiu cannot choose. Chiu are born into it.

depending on how close, if immediate family then suggest talk to them and sort out any differences chiu have.

if further away.. can ignore if chiu wish.

take care
 :frown:

what happened leh? why u term them as toxic?

i think i was toxic in the past as family member then now im also toxic to friends :s13:
Only money is real

peaceheart

Try to interact less with them?

Provided before that you already tried your best to communicate / sort out your differences

Eat-Drink-Man-Woman

Quote from: Philipkee on Jun 30, 2024, 07:38 PMHow do you handle them?  I don't put toxic friends or colleagues cos you can shut them out of your lives but family?

Mitigation: Minimise communication and Let them have the final say.

It is of utmost importance not to stay in the same house as those whom chiu deemed as toxic. Out of sight, out of mind.
edmw bbfa

EncourageSome1

Actually coworkers can only keep a distance from them
Don't be personal fren w them outside of yr immediate work

If they do their bit say 20-80% it's already great blessing Liao
Don't hv expectations

If they don't pull their weight u need to buy them stuff for motivating them or be good fren w their line mgr so u can influence em either way

Family
I don't know much toxic one but I ll say keep my distance
Max I can tahan is abt 1-2 h a year if that person not good human

If cannot avoid just keep dist
Don't share much stuff w them
Then they don hv much room to comment or mk gossip abt me or to me
They yak or toxic abt others I ll just imagine they sing song n orh orh orh em uh 😐
If nobody reply they bored after short while will stop so it helps me or I ll pretend I work fr home even if ph or weekend so they can't keep coming to me .. sthg like that

luckyapple

Quote from: default on Jun 30, 2024, 07:59 PMwhat happened leh? why u term them as toxic?

i think i was toxic in the past as family member then now im also toxic to friends :s13:

Toxic is backstabbing and playing politics. You are not toxic.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

luckyapple

I will stay away from toxic family members. Talk less. If possible don't meet.

氰化钾 KCN

Quote from: luckyapple on Jul 01, 2024, 03:55 PMI will stay away from toxic family members. Talk less. If possible don't meet.

+1
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
我完美的背影早已写满了哀愁
在阳光之下希望你能找到快乐

jim889

Quote from: luckyapple on Jul 01, 2024, 03:55 PMI will stay away from toxic family members. Talk less. If possible don't meet.

i think if bro / sis /father / mother immediate one better talk and iron out the issues

as for extended family.. just ignore
:flash:

EncourageSome1

Quote from: jim889 on Jul 01, 2024, 06:09 PMi think if bro / sis /father / mother immediate one better talk and iron out the issues

Same feeling

luckyapple

Quote from: jim889 on Jul 01, 2024, 06:09 PMi think if bro / sis /father / mother immediate one better talk and iron out the issues

Been trying to iron out certain issues since young. I concluded its hard to change certain root perspective. I don't wan to try already. just avoid is better for health.

Eat-Drink-Man-Woman

Talk things out will only work if one side willing to give way to the other party and let the other party have the last word. Also, things will surely iron out itself if chiu willing to be the family scapegoat all the time.

Philipkee

Quote from: Eat-Drink-Man-Woman on Jul 01, 2024, 11:21 PMTalk things out will only work if one side willing to give way to the other party and let the other party have the last word. Also, things will surely iron out itself if chiu willing to be the family scapegoat all the time.

Yea. If both are stubborn then it's fighting all the way.  Unless both give way or one is a door mat
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

jim889

Quote from: luckyapple on Jul 01, 2024, 11:21 PMBeen trying to iron out certain issues since young. I concluded its hard to change certain root perspective. I don't wan to try already. just avoid is better for health.

no problem.. at least chiu tried