Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Seriously thinking of starting a hawker stall or cafe

Started by default, May 29, 2024, 01:12 AM

« Woke up at 5am, walked around the house | Bangkok Pride Festival 2024 Pride Month Parade »

Quote from: Keeptrucking on May 29, 2024, 11:34 AMrent at circuit road hawker. the rental there is only $700. quite reasonable to me.

kanina la, lol u think the ah ma ah pek can lim ur $5 latte/espresso meh :frown:

i mean can is can, but like that need to sell kopi and cheap loti liao although got new developments popping up. maybe $2.50 latte but most ah ma ah pek will still kpkb and wont appreciate... but the younger crowd will do so. but it's quite a distance from mattar MRT i think? ok la about 150m-200m? not say a lot but wonder if got crowd will go there or not

need super fierce marketing
Only money is real

daryl76

Quote from: luckyapple on May 29, 2024, 11:25 AMLast yr was thinking to sell waffles.

But good thing never push through cos my Dad deteriorated this yr.

If selling bread and sandwich. Will they allow? Or only certain bread allowed?

usually bread aka pastries and snacks under drinks or western food stall

schools usually quite strict and u can only sell what is agreed
mY wIfE iS a sEX oBjEct, eVerYtImE i aSk fOR seX, sHe ObjEcTs!

Keeptrucking

Quote from: default on May 29, 2024, 12:06 PMkanina la, lol u think the ah ma ah pek can lim ur $5 latte/espresso meh :frown:

i mean can is can, but like that need to sell kopi and cheap loti liao although got new developments popping up. maybe $2.50 latte but most ah ma ah pek will still kpkb and wont appreciate... but the younger crowd will do so. but it's quite a distance from mattar MRT i think? ok la about 150m-200m? not say a lot but wonder if got crowd will go there or not

need super fierce marketing

that area is being gentrified but might take a couple more years. the condo there mostly young people and new BTOs coming up at Macpherson. i think one recently TOPed. somemore i don't there is a cafe in that area, other than the two ice-cream places.

mattar mrt was built for a reason and not just to serve the existing people there. still a few plots of land there planned for commercical/residential.

maybe your craft beer/coffee place would also be good for the coaches/parents at the football academy there. defo a unique stall there.

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

peaceheart

Fnb most of the time will fail

Also, alcohol license not cheap

bsg

If U want sell beer

Make sure must have the beer promoter that type.

Lagi best is those vnb atb wear v cut mini skirt, else no body gonna sit in yr hot hawker center lim expensive beer.

U remember yumi the vnb at hong ling hawker center 1st floor dead corner there?

That one is success story for u to replicates.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Philipkee

Definitely not easy.  Don't follow edmw and assume it's so easy to own merc and such after being a hawker

jim889

Quote from: default on May 29, 2024, 01:12 AMSay in hawker or cafe with decent footfall, how much you all think is the initial investment?

intending to sell brewed tea, coffee and craft beer and with snacks/bread to go along

it's easier just buyed vending machine... collect $$$ and stock up vending machine..
 :frown:

Quote from: bsg on May 29, 2024, 03:15 PMIf U want sell beer

Make sure must have the beer promoter that type.

Lagi best is those vnb atb wear v cut mini skirt, else no body gonna sit in yr hot hawker center lim expensive beer.

U remember yumi the vnb at hong ling hawker center 1st floor dead corner there?

That one is success story for u to replicates.

can you dont make ur signature so many and so big on purpose?

anyway i hire u to promote beer ok?

bsg

Quote from: default on May 30, 2024, 11:46 AMcan you dont make ur signature so many and so big on purpose?

anyway i hire u to promote beer ok?

I no longkang how to promote beer to all the lao tikohs at hawker center.

GhostZM

If u can take the hardship and able to cook well, can try being a hawker..

As for cafe, I think dun bother unless u can find a place with damn low rental.

CheerS!!!😉
Be Kind To Your Children. Don't Have Any.

jim889

Quote from: GhostZM on May 30, 2024, 04:50 PMIf u can take the hardship and able to cook well, can try being a hawker..

As for cafe, I think dun bother unless u can find a place with damn low rental.

CheerS!!!😉

sell drink should be can la

daryl76

Quote from: jim889 on Jun 01, 2024, 10:54 AMsell drink should be can la

sell drink is not suka suka can sell

coffee shop is confirm owner wanna do, hawker centre is depends on NEA allocation of stalls, shop front subject to landlord rental

Nevereatrice

Difficult to sell drink. This job normally taken up by the coffee shop owner themselves
Sell sugar cane/soya bean in hawker centre
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

EncourageSome1

Quote from: default on May 29, 2024, 01:12 AMSay in hawker or cafe with decent footfall, how much you all think is the initial investment?

intending to sell brewed tea, coffee and craft beer and with snacks/bread to go along
1. Go ask rental .. see surrounding 200-400 m rental cost in past 6-12 mths
Can ask agents around or if u hv familiar ppl ask them help u ask the neighbours who is giving up their biz

2. If decent footfall then next is labor cost .. at least u need 1/2-1 human come help u at peak hour 7-10 am
1-4pm

3. If nobody reporting for work are u able to cope with 90% of crowd level ? If u fall sick do u hv someone in yr circle can immediately step in replace u ?

4. U able to do social marketing / online marketing : sales
N handle ops : coffee making , replacing the confectioneries daily,
N handle admin (accounting payroll invoices n receipts / earnings )

ABCDFinanceGuy

I think the long hours will kill you though.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them...only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.