Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Seriously thinking of starting a hawker stall or cafe

Started by default, May 29, 2024, 01:12 AM

« Woke up at 5am, walked around the house | Bangkok Pride Festival 2024 Pride Month Parade »

Say in hawker or cafe with decent footfall, how much you all think is the initial investment?

intending to sell brewed tea, coffee and craft beer and with snacks/bread to go along
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Only money is real

not as in now, immediately, but down the road in a few yrs time

any other businesses u all think can work? i heard more about elderly, health, cleaning, funeral/undertaker (this one high barriers)

other areas like retail or whatever really dying
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

after getting older really losing track of dreams........... that were envisioned all thrown into disarray and gone

不知道何去何从
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Nevereatrice

Sinkies only business is hawker/grab/mlm/landlord to ft
Funeral already got monopoly
Hawker centre cleaning/hawker management  already got those connected to the whites through grassloot doing unless u have confidence can win that connection too.
Is the same like fw dormitory all connected to the whites doing
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Shiori

rental will kill your biz :(

i think better standby 100k as initial investment and backup funds.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Quote from: Nevereatrice on May 29, 2024, 05:51 AMSinkies only business is hawker/grab/mlm/landlord to ft
Funeral already got monopoly
Hawker centre cleaning/hawker management  already got those connected to the whites through grassloot doing unless u have confidence can win that connection too.
Is the same like fw dormitory all connected to the whites doing

if do good in hawker can be equivalent to maybe 10k or more

but i think very very limited, unless they really jump out of their space to hit higher, as in more stalls like branches or into malls, all of which increases expenses

u see the Coffee Break at hong lim and amoy st

they wanted to expand mah

but u see the yong tau fu at people's park........... they started since dunnos 50s or 60s, at the eu tong sen st (was told by my mum)

only 1 stall, the one with the super long queue, they lived at the rounded condo (which is now torn down for the dunno what pearl bank condo)

u see they no customers? can at least expand 2-3 stalls and huat even bigger but they chose not to

so hawker is still got prospects one but not easy, as with other industries

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Quote from: Shiori on May 29, 2024, 06:27 AMrental will kill your biz :(

i think better standby 100k as initial investment and backup funds.

100k enough now but not sure years later
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Nevereatrice

Quote from: default on May 29, 2024, 07:54 AMif do good in hawker can be equivalent to maybe 10k or more

but i think very very limited, unless they really jump out of their space to hit higher, as in more stalls like branches or into malls, all of which increases expenses

u see the Coffee Break at hong lim and amoy st

they wanted to expand mah

but u see the yong tau fu at people's park........... they started since dunnos 50s or 60s, at the eu tong sen st (was told by my mum)

only 1 stall, the one with the super long queue, they lived at the rounded condo (which is now torn down for the dunno what pearl bank condo)

u see they no customers? can at least expand 2-3 stalls and huat even bigger but they chose not to

so hawker is still got prospects one but not easy, as with other industries

Hawker need to do at least 20-30 years to reach that level.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Quote from: Nevereatrice on May 29, 2024, 08:13 AMHawker need to do at least 20-30 years to reach that level.

no la, if u famous young hawker also can make that

that time got report mah, but they say not worth it coz they put in super long hours then after that each of them get back 6k only

sure got fake a bit bah
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

luckyapple

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

daryl76

Quote from: luckyapple on May 29, 2024, 09:13 AM@daryl76 any input about school canteen vendors?

oh the rental very cheap but u can only sell what is known as "healthier" food and cant sell what u like

if the administrator says its cai png den u can't sell noodles for example

potential earnings not high so more suitable for elderly especially primary school
mY wIfE iS a sEX oBjEct, eVerYtImE i aSk fOR seX, sHe ObjEcTs!

drdoof

Quote from: daryl76 on May 29, 2024, 10:10 AMoh the rental very cheap but u can only sell what is known as "healthier" food and cant sell what u like

potential earnings not high so more suitable for elderly especially primary school
Hardly any earnings during School holidays.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

@daryl76 , u know rough costs for such a cafe or hawker stall?

Equipment rental and all

say your baking equipment, professional baking equipment, espresso machines/coffee machines and overall reno, rental at city area or city fringe

if not some place where there's footfall

i suspect chao chao need 300k or half mil

but if smaller scale at kopitiam/hawker, then equipment and all reduced, but display space and working space also reduced... like that u got ball park figure?
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

luckyapple

Quote from: daryl76 on May 29, 2024, 10:10 AMoh the rental very cheap but u can only sell what is known as "healthier" food and cant sell what u like

Last yr was thinking to sell waffles.

But good thing never push through cos my Dad deteriorated this yr.

If selling bread and sandwich. Will they allow? Or only certain bread allowed?
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Keeptrucking

rent at circuit road hawker. the rental there is only $700. quite reasonable to me.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party