Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

DINK Couples

Started by peaceheart, Apr 11, 2024, 09:13 AM

« As you grow older, what are the things u learnt? | Geylang kopitiam got vietbu »

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: EncourageSome1 on Apr 14, 2024, 06:58 PMD or s
Impt question is which is the one u prefer in e grand scheme of things

I prefer to have income.

Not sure about kids.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them...only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.

EncourageSome1

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Apr 15, 2024, 10:29 PMI prefer to have income.

Not sure about kids.

Understand

Just now lkk go out .. was abt 8-9 pm
Saw ah mah abt 8x all hair white like snow
Pushing her handicapped ♿️ daughter or family member : about 5x on wheel chair
☹️🥺 not easy for this super old  a mah to be caregiver for the dark haired 5x aunty

if u have kids, the kids are born good and are filial then yes lucky

not everyone has it good in life
Only money is real

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: EncourageSome1 on Apr 15, 2024, 10:58 PMUnderstand

Just now lkk go out .. was abt 8-9 pm
Saw ah mah abt 8x all hair white like snow
Pushing her handicapped ♿️ daughter or family member : about 5x on wheel chair
☹️🥺 not easy for this super old  a mah to be caregiver for the dark haired 5x aunty

Sometimes I do wonder how I will be like when I become old.

I am not sure if I wanna be spending time in an old folks' home. Not sure if a retirement village is plausible for me though.

jim889

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Apr 16, 2024, 07:24 PMSometimes I do wonder how I will be like when I become old.

I am not sure if I wanna be spending time in an old folks' home. Not sure if a retirement village is plausible for me though.

chiu just concentrate on wat chiu can control roh

nao yang be heypi can liao..

when old need constant medical care and assistance etc its better to be in retirement home
 :frown:

EncourageSome1

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Apr 16, 2024, 07:24 PMSometimes I do wonder how I will be like when I become old.

I read one edmw article
The ah mah  went to stay old folks home cos she needed help w daily activities but her children all either got spouses needing them o care or they also can't spare time or fitness level to help her daily
So she go

Then later she squabble / hv mini fight w one or two of her co habitants at the home so she left and went back to her own house at circuit road. She do everything v v v slowly but at least she s independent and she said she got freedom .. not needing to be limited by home 's rules or who they make her neighbours to be .

So my Tk is , if u sociable n chincai n mostly mobile stay where is ok : yr own preference

If one is immobile then everyth also no choice alr ..
even hire a maid but ultimately they r here as hired worker , e kind of care a family member can do for u out of love is way different.. that s why so many rather hire maid to help them but ownself be caregiver to their loved one

Key thing : can u try to ensure yr own fitness n mobility thru out old age lor

Quote from: EncourageSome1 on Apr 16, 2024, 11:16 PMI read one edmw article
The ah mah  went to stay old folks home cos she needed help w daily activities but her children all either got spouses needing them o care or they also can't spare time or fitness level to help her daily
So she go

Then later she squabble / hv mini fight w one or two of her co habitants at the home so she left and went back to her own house at circuit road. She do everything v v v slowly but at least she s independent and she said she got freedom .. not needing to be limited by home 's rules or who they make her neighbours to be .

So my Tk is , if u sociable n chincai n mostly mobile stay where is ok : yr own preference

If one is immobile then everyth also no choice alr ..
even hire a maid but ultimately they r here as hired worker , e kind of care a family member can do for u out of love is way different.. that s why so many rather hire maid to help them but ownself be caregiver to their loved one

Key thing : can u try to ensure yr own fitness n mobility thru out old age lor

actually hor thats why quite sad. if u old and sick sometimes kids also wont help u

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: jim889 on Apr 16, 2024, 07:47 PMchiu just concentrate on wat chiu can control roh

nao yang be heypi can liao..

when old need constant medical care and assistance etc its better to be in retirement home

I agree with the last sentence. In Scandinavia and the Nordic countries, the old people would rather be in retirement homes because of the above.

Unfortunately, the same logic doesn't apply to Singapore.

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Apr 16, 2024, 11:43 PMactually hor thats why quite sad. if u old and sick sometimes kids also wont help u

And then people wonder why we don't wanna have kids these days.

jim889

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Apr 23, 2024, 03:27 PMI agree with the last sentence. In Scandinavia and the Nordic countries, the old people would rather be in retirement homes because of the above.

Unfortunately, the same logic doesn't apply to Singapore.

can see with aging population in sg, cheng hoo at least doing something.
at least there are moar horsepeter being built

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party