Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Don't learn to code, advises Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang

Started by default, Feb 23, 2024, 07:41 PM

« Malaysian Ringgit hits record low against SGD | Cpf changes »

"Over the course of the last 10 years, 15 years, almost everybody who sits on a stage like this would tell you that it is vital that your children learn computer science. [That] everybody should learn how to program. And in fact, it's almost exactly the opposite."

https://vulcanpost.com/853029/dont-learn-to-code-jensen-huang-on-career
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Only money is real

I agree with this, in fact i made such a statement many years ago on hwz.........

eventually they will understand our language.

unless you are naturally gifted in programming, otherwise forcing yourself to learn is tough

i think learning is good, not totally useless for sure....... but maybe those job like plumbing all these more useful
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

The field of Computer Science is headed for a major upheaval with the rise of large AI models, such as ChatGPT, that are capable of performing general-purpose reasoning and problem solving. We are headed for a future in which it will no longer be necessary to write computer programs. Rather, I believe that most software will eventually be replaced by AI models that, given an appropriate description of a task, will directly execute that task, without requiring the creation or maintenance of conventional software. In effect, large language models act as a virtual machine that is "programmed" in natural language. This talk will explore the implications of this prediction, drawing on recent research into the cognitive and task execution capabilities of large language models.

Matt Welsh is Co-founder and Chief Architect of Fixie.ai, a Seattle-based startup developing a new computational platform with AI at the core. He was previously head of engineering at OctoML, a software engineer at Apple and Xnor.ai, engineering director at Google, and a Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University. He holds a PhD from UC Berkeley.

*** This is CS50, Harvard University's introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

i think this AI thing will also be cyclical at least in the near term, just like many other trends
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 23, 2024, 07:42 PM
The field of Computer Science is headed for a major upheaval with the rise of large AI models, such as ChatGPT, that are capable of performing general-purpose reasoning and problem solving. We are headed for a future in which it will no longer be necessary to write computer programs. Rather, I believe that most software will eventually be replaced by AI models that, given an appropriate description of a task, will directly execute that task, without requiring the creation or maintenance of conventional software. In effect, large language models act as a virtual machine that is "programmed" in natural language. This talk will explore the implications of this prediction, drawing on recent research into the cognitive and task execution capabilities of large language models.

Matt Welsh is Co-founder and Chief Architect of Fixie.ai, a Seattle-based startup developing a new computational platform with AI at the core. He was previously head of engineering at OctoML, a software engineer at Apple and Xnor.ai, engineering director at Google, and a Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University. He holds a PhD from UC Berkeley.

*** This is CS50, Harvard University's introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.

Nice, I am also using ChatGPT to solve a lot of my problems and questions.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them...only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 23, 2024, 07:43 PMi think this AI thing will also be cyclical at least in the near term, just like many other trends

I am not sure about this though. I believe AI will continue to get more and more prominent until it starts replacing jobs.

Some banks have already fired their traders and replaced them with AI for trading. I find that stupid though, as they should be sacking those from the back office as the things they do can be easily automated compared to trading the markets.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

GhostZM

Quote from: default on Feb 23, 2024, 07:43 PMi think this AI thing will also be cyclical at least in the near term, just like many other trends
AI is the real thing and it's gonna get even scarier..lol

CheerS!!!;)
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Be Kind To Your Children. Don't Have Any.

Bardiel

i will still focus learning hardware

no matter how far AI go , u still need ppl to maintain it
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Feb 24, 2024, 11:42 AMI am not sure about this though. I believe AI will continue to get more and more prominent until it starts replacing jobs.

Some banks have already fired their traders and replaced them with AI for trading. I find that stupid though, as they should be sacking those from the back office as the things they do can be easily automated compared to trading the markets.
already started everywhr incl govt, glcs, banks... not just tech companies
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

what i mean by cyclical is we kind of missed this round for those who never buy in stocks... just like crypto
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 24, 2024, 08:32 PMwhat i mean by cyclical is we kind of missed this round for those who never buy in stocks... just like crypto

Good thing I am invested in the NASDAQ 100 ETF hehheh.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party