Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Indra: "MPs Should Be Treated With Respect."

Started by ace, Mar 08, 2024, 04:19 AM

« Custody battle Korean woman, S’pore husband and Indo mistress | Just now a xdd try to sit my table... »

tomsss

i will give the respect when it is due

until then (when they have earned it), they get nothing from me
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

几够力

I can tell by her eyes
That she's probably been lonely
I don't wanna talk about it

Philipkee

Quote from: peaceheart on Mar 08, 2024, 09:52 AMAs the saying goes "respect is earned not given"
Stop demanding for it

I used to tell people this.  This is not true. Or at least definition of respect might be different.

Why?  Why should respect be given even before it is earned?

You meet someone (let's say a service provider) for the very first time.  Did he earn your respect?  No, or at least not yet.  So what would you do when you meet him?  The service provider meets you for the first time.  Have you earned his respect yet?  No, or at least not yet then.  So what would he do when he meets you?

If we are a society that is naturally respectful to authority UNTIL the particular individual does something to lose our respect and trust, then it's fine.  But if we insist on respect be earned first before we can show any respect, we would sooner or later devolve into a cycle of mutual disrespect

And this is happening in the west, where police treat the civilians and vice versa with mutual disrespect from the get go
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

peaceheart

Quote from: Philipkee on Mar 09, 2024, 06:39 AMI used to tell people this.  This is not true. Or at least definition of respect might be different.

Why?  Why should respect be given even before it is earned?

You meet someone (let's say a service provider) for the very first time.  Did he earn your respect?  No, or at least not yet.  So what would you do when you meet him?  The service provider meets you for the first time.  Have you earned his respect yet?  No, or at least not yet then.  So what would he do when he meets you?

If we are a society that is naturally respectful to authority UNTIL the particular individual does something to lose our respect and trust, then it's fine.  But if we insist on respect be earned first before we can show any respect, we would sooner or later devolve into a cycle of mutual disrespect

And this is happening in the west, where police treat the civilians and vice versa with mutual disrespect from the get go

OK noted
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party