Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Why isnt HDB building BTOs and new flats together to solve the housing crunch?

Started by default, Mar 07, 2024, 11:30 AM

« Japanese xmm singing what song? hahaha | Shan Needs More Power! »

Why are they putting the blame on Singaporeans? Why do they purposely make Singaporeans work like slaves and not be able to own a flat or retire?

Why singles also BTO, everything also BTO?

single cannot buy already then get married in the future? What makes them think singles would want to remain singles and couples will sure have children, or any other assumption?

All I see is that they are making the prices of flats crazily high

Singaporeans arent really living well at all and cant retire based on projected figures in the future
Only money is real

btw this type of questions they also dont want u to ask on HDB

sometimes they bear a grudge against your post/topic. dont infract u now but infract/ban u later

i believe im also targeted as part of this exercise
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

daryl76

last time have mah, call walk in selection... they build den sell

one fine day, cb hdb and i think is marlboro tan decided, why not make ppl commit first den we build, cos WIS might not see ppl bite, let ppl confirm den we do, sure win no lose

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
mY wIfE iS a sEX oBjEct, eVerYtImE i aSk fOR seX, sHe ObjEcTs!

Shiori

They fear the market will drop and affect everyone ?

Back in late 1980s to 1990s to early 2000s there was an oversupply of HDB flats. The impact reached its heights during early 2000s and the resale market suffered, with resale prices dropping back to 1990s levels before the prices started to soar crazily and without control towards the 2010s decade, and continued to do so in the 2020s decade.

That few years in early 2000s was the only time resale prices really dropped.

It is NO coincidence why this BTO scheme started during the same exact time when the market was falling at its most.

The problem now is with prices already soaring to crazy levels, can anyone even swallow the pains and madness if the prices start to sink just like what happened in the past ?

The damage today is already done, there is no turning back now.

Bardiel

HDB is supposed to be govt housing, meaing affordable.

now is used to flip. our legit SG population declining yet we hoot so many bto. all for those FT/PR with money to flip

so end up u see the housing price

my slumphole PG. i bought it BTO at 220k 3 room. my time no ppl even wanna bid there.

now every few day agent come knock and say my place can fetch at least 480k to 500k. sound shiok but knn sell liao i need slp under a bridge.

buy low sell high but buy next even lagi high

stillgottheblues

Greed is the keyword. If they can plan CPF, they can plan how many flats to build each year, especially with the big data they had.

Quote from: Shiori on Mar 07, 2024, 11:55 AMThey fear the market will drop and affect everyone ?

Back in late 1980s to 1990s to early 2000s there was an oversupply of HDB flats. The impact reached its heights during early 2000s and the resale market suffered, with resale prices dropping back to 1990s levels before the prices started to soar crazily and without control towards the 2010s decade, and continued to do so in the 2020s decade.

That few years in early 2000s was the only time resale prices really dropped.

It is NO coincidence why this BTO scheme started during the same exact time when the market was falling at its most.

The problem now is with prices already soaring to crazy levels, can anyone even swallow the pains and madness if the prices start to sink just like what happened in the past ?

The damage today is already done, there is no turning back now.
but now really got housing crunch. singles bto need to wait super long. even couple bto also need to wait super long

i really hate them ttm for this

there is indeed a crisis to be honest. the wait time + price.

at such prices and time, no one can set up a family, have kids, pay finish the flat and retire

this is beyond nuts. i think even for a graduate couple earning ok pay also hardly able to do so comfortably, compared to say 20 yrs ago or earlier

this is ridiculous
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

nyvrem

u got notice this year's BTO amounts are lesser than last 3 years ?

next year going to be lesser

they trying to squeeze the market and limit flats again.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Trust me ~ I'm a quitter

ABCDFinanceGuy

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them...only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.