Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

I’m a nurse. Ask me anything about nursing

Started by Philipkee, Mar 15, 2024, 10:55 AM

« Why people say when it comes to tablets ipad is unbeatable | laylio jin boring nao nothing good to hear. »

Philipkee

Was a hot topic in the car forum.

But a few questions i won't answer
- drugs cos that is more for doctors
- things that can point to my identity

Disclaimer - if I share stories, they are generally fake.  Fake in the sense that something like this happened but I change a lot of details so you cannot look and say hey I was talking about this case.  Confidentially still needed lol

Been in the wards, operating theatre, and emergency side plus went into teaching and management for a while.  So ask my things you are curious about.

Keeptrucking

Does certain hospitals get the lower ranking nurses?

Philipkee

Quote from: Keeptrucking on Mar 15, 2024, 10:57 AMDoes certain hospitals get the lower ranking nurses?
What do you mean?  Cos most nurses choose the hospitals they want to work.  Either by seeking sponsorship or applying there.

It's not like the MOH will look at a batch of nurses and say ok you go here or there.  Unless they seek MOH sponsorship but that is not common cos by and large, people want to choose which hospital they will work for post graduation

Keeptrucking

Quote from: Philipkee on Mar 15, 2024, 11:01 AMWhat do you mean?  Cos most nurses choose the hospitals they want to work.  Either by seeking sponsorship or applying there.

It's not like the MOH will look at a batch of nurses and say ok you go here or there.  Unless they seek MOH sponsorship but that is not common cos by and large, people want to choose which hospital they will work for post graduation

Oh I see. Cos I feel that certain hospitals like nuh hv generally better nurses.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Philipkee

Quote from: Keeptrucking on Mar 15, 2024, 11:12 AMOh I see. Cos I feel that certain hospitals like nuh hv generally better nurses.

Not true.

But if you are talking about specialty, you will see better pediatric nurses in KKWCH, mental health nurses in imh and such

Philipkee

Quote from: Keeptrucking on Mar 15, 2024, 11:12 AMOh I see. Cos I feel that certain hospitals like nuh hv generally better nurses.

But it used to be, not sure now, that the old AH and KTPH had physically fitter nurses cos they had Ippt as part of appraisal.  Too fat and appraisal is affected

Nevereatrice

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

nyvrem

Got such thing as a Family Nurse practitioner in sinkieland? if got, how to become one?

eg, in bidenland got 3 year begree program to become an FNP

https://www.uvm.edu/cnhs/nursing/direct_entry_program_nursing

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Trust me ~ I'm a quitter

Philipkee

Philipkee

Quote from: nyvrem on Mar 15, 2024, 11:36 AMGot such thing as a Family Nurse practitioner in sinkieland? if got, how to become one?

eg, in bidenland got 3 year begree program to become an FNP

https://www.uvm.edu/cnhs/nursing/direct_entry_program_nursing

Don't think so.  Closest I know is advanced practice nurse

https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/snb/advanced-practice-nurse

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

nyvrem

Quote from: Philipkee on Mar 15, 2024, 11:39 AMDon't think so.  Closest I know is advanced practice nurse

https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/snb/advanced-practice-nurse

interesting.

heard burn out rate damn high? ppl go in 2-3 years jitao quit / go elsewhere (non hospital setting), eg pharmaceutical coy etc.

Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Philipkee

Quote from: nyvrem on Mar 15, 2024, 11:44 AMinteresting.

heard burn out rate damn high? ppl go in 2-3 years jitao quit / go elsewhere (non hospital setting), eg pharmaceutical coy etc.

It's high.  Don't know about the damn high.  But it's actually a bit more complicated.

Cos you see, diploma in nursing, if you get sponsorship, gives you a 3 year bond.  So you graduate and work 3 years.  During these three years, you know which hospital you wanna work, what speciality you want (especially if where you wanna work and the specialty you want is not where you are working) or you wanna migrate.  So your bond finishes and you quit.

So there is a high attrition rate after 3 years but it's hard to say it's because they are really burned out or they have served their bond and know what they truly want.

Don't forget there are those who got sponsorship for degree, advanced dip which all comes with bonds.

There are some who are really burned out like during Covid but it's really hard to differentiate those who are burnt out from those who have just finished their bond or those who just got a better offer overseas (everyone will say they are burned out).

peaceheart

No wonder ts so active in covid vax back then. Thanks for sharing anyway
TS, are you a medic in ns?

Philipkee

Quote from: peaceheart on Mar 15, 2024, 11:57 AMNo wonder ts so active in covid vax back then. Thanks for sharing anyway
TS, are you a medic in ns?

No
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Keeptrucking

Is it common for scandals between docs and nurses?

And does docs treat nurses with no respect?