Powered by SMFPacks Ads Manager Mod

Do you feel that the 8% and 9% GST are badly planned?

Started by default, Feb 04, 2024, 09:53 PM

« wah these few days crazy hot already | ish this place the so called secret forum that chiu can unlock »

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Feb 10, 2024, 12:06 AMWell hopefully they have a GE this year when public dissent for the government is at an all-time high thanks to the scandals and SimplyGo, then maybe my GRC can go to WP.
not sure when they will view ground as sweet. My bet is either towards end of year. Or early next year... since no other timing left. Next mid yr? Like too near to ndp 2025
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Only money is real

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 14, 2024, 03:58 PMi think for the immediate term dont need much policing nor moderation tbh.

Coz its less than 100 people for now. Roughly 30 only?

ya true that. Not many people posting here.

Maybe when got more than 100 liao then you consider having some mods here bah.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them...only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 14, 2024, 04:00 PMnot sure when they will view ground as sweet. My bet is either towards end of year. Or early next year... since no other timing left. Next mid yr? Like too near to ndp 2025

I wish i knew the answer to this lol. I don't even know what the government is thinking.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

ace

It's to help the poors
which poors?
those that become poor after the GST was raised.

ace

They planned it well
and didn't care what the people think.

seems like a lot of people say badly planned and more needs to be done to help even middle and lower class

but at the same time will this even translate into lost votes or are sinkies doomed to be boiled frogs?
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: default on Feb 26, 2024, 09:53 PMseems like a lot of people say badly planned and more needs to be done to help even middle and lower class

but at the same time will this even translate into lost votes or are sinkies doomed to be boiled frogs?

Half of me thinks that Sinkies are slowly waking up because of PAP losing a GRC in the previous GE.

But the other half thinks that we are hopeless, since majority voted for Ong Lai. I am still hoping that the recent scandals of the PAP will make them lose 1 or 2 more GRCs in the next GE.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

kyang69

It is bloody unnecessary to begin with, all the GLCs are posting profits and those corporations like NTUC all huat ka buay lun chu, why need to raise GST?
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

Bardiel

knn.

BCM now from 4.50 become 5 dollar

chicken rice 4 become 4.50. some even 5 dollar

tmd fxxk this gst.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: Bardiel on Feb 28, 2024, 10:08 PMknn.

BCM now from 4.50 become 5 dollar

chicken rice 4 become 4.50. some even 5 dollar

tmd fxxk this gst.

Too bad Sinkie salaries never increase by more than 10%

Philipkee

I think the govt is also worried.  If it increase the GST too much that it restricts spending, it won't help at all so they do things gradually.

Cos if GST goes up, the only way this leads to increased revenue is spending remains the same or increase.  If people cut spending as a result, the GST collection might remain the same and now businesses suffer from less business

ABCDFinanceGuy

Quote from: Philipkee on Mar 01, 2024, 05:36 AMI think the govt is also worried.  If it increase the GST too much that it restricts spending, it won't help at all so they do things gradually.

Cos if GST goes up, the only way this leads to increased revenue is spending remains the same or increase.  If people cut spending as a result, the GST collection might remain the same and now businesses suffer from less business

Then it makes sense NOT to increase GST.
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party

GhostZM

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Mar 01, 2024, 12:36 PMThen it makes sense NOT to increase GST.
When it comes to money, it's all about CENTS instead of sense for them..

CheerS!!!;)
    Dislike
    Love
    HaHa
    Angry
    Sad
    Party
Be Kind To Your Children. Don't Have Any.

Philipkee

Quote from: ABCDFinanceGuy on Mar 01, 2024, 12:36 PMThen it makes sense NOT to increase GST.
Not necessarily if they assume spending habits will remain the same even if GST increases